Saturday, January 7, 2012

God's Will For... (Part 2)


God’s will is never for just us but for others. It is never something for one person but for one another. Just as when one person disobeys God will, they are not the only one who suffers, but those who would have been involved. Solomon’s disobedience never just involved himself, but the whole nation suffered because of his sin. When we use the word “I” for seeking God’s will, we are only looking through the eyes of selfishness. Just as when we look for a way out of God’s will for our lives. Or when we leave Him out of our daily decisions no matter how insignificant we think they are. We don’t live in a world that is only about us. If we think that way, then we want to live independent of God, and seek our will over His.

But what happens when we only seek what we want or desire for ourselves, only doing what we will want for God? What are some of the decisions you have reserved for yourself to make? What areas of your life do you leave God out of and what areas do you depend upon God? Ask yourself, should there be two areas, one for me to choose and one for me to follow God in?

During the crusades the knights who were baptized would hold their swords out of the water. Saying, “What I do with this sword is my choice.”  Do we do that with God? “I have given my tithe, so the 90% is mine to do with as I please.” “Who I date or marry is my choice, not God’s.” “What I do with my free time is no concern of God’s.” We would never say that, but deep down do we hold these things out, to make up our own minds. And when they fall apart, do we blame God?

In the end, we don’t have a right to leave God out if we call Him Lord. We are called into one body (Col 3:15) so whatever God does with one life is for the benefit for the whole body. Not for the comfort of one person, but for the sanctification for all who are in the body of Christ. The opposite is true when we fail or neglect to follow the will of God, the individual doesn’t suffer, but all those who would have benefited from God’s blessing through them. As Christ is the head, we, the church are the body to do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers