Friday, December 23, 2011

Prayer


As I was at church one Sunday I notice on the side was the worship leader waiting expectantly to begin the service. The thing that hit me was, do I pray like that, that is expectantly. Do I pray persistently, and wait with expectation for God to answer my prayer? Do I pray hopefully? In Luke 18:1 before the parable of the persistent widow, it says, “they should always pray and not give up.”  It is one thing to pray expecting when we have a promise from God through His Word; but it is another thing when we pray for something that we don’t have a promise, we just hope for an answer. But do we wait expectantly when it is a prayer or an area of life that we have experienced the most disappointment? It is very difficult when we continually pray but still seem to see disappointment. How is your prayer life? How is your desire to pray for something when you have no answer? How do you persist when it seems as if you are wasting your time? The big question is, how you know when to persist, or to give up and see it as God showing you by His silence. My question to you, how has disappointment shaped your prayer life, for the good or the bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers