Friday, July 23, 2010

Time and Trouble

Lord, do I hope and put my trust in your deliverance from this time and trouble? Or do I fear what could happen? Have I placed my fears, apprehensions and anxieties in your hands? Or have I played out the fantasies over and over in my head? Will I live in faith or in fear? How will I approach each day? With the anticipation of God’s divine Sovereignty firmly in place or in human fear and desire stretched out among my eyes and hearts? How will I live today? A man of God knowing You are in control or one who feels the weight of the world upon my shoulders. 

The answer to the question will determine if peace shall be my path or turmoil. Ask yourself that question. What is your answer? Will the Prince of Peace guide you today through the doubting whispers of the prince of this world who desires to control your thoughts? Like a sprouting flower are our minds each day. Do we drink from the fountain of the Father’s Word of goodness and peace? Or will we fret over the coming heat that “might” scorch us. Are we a tree planted beside a still water or are we left alone in the desert heat to fend on our own? Is our peace one of relaxed walker enjoying the light of God’s presence? Or is it of a fretting bird upon a branch living in fearful expectation? Do we soar high in the clouds with the eagles, or do we shiver, and we won’t take a chance in this evil world. Do we delight in God or dread His will for our day. Living one day at a time or living in the fear of the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers